Monday, July 2, 2012

An Ode to Surgery...


T'was the night before surgery, all my ducks in a row
my mom arrived early, and friend Julie's in tow.
The laundry is washed, and the bills have been paid,
the housework is done, but Coco's afraid.
Don't worry my pup, I'll be home very soon,
our friends will come calling, and we'll walk before noon.
Lovely cards have arrived and many prayers have been sent,
THANKS everyone for all your encouragement!
God's grace is sufficient, I'm smothered in love,
my Protector, my Refuge, my Healer above...


....So, as I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.


Surgery Date: Tuesday, July 3rd
Surgery Time: 1:30pm
Surgery Length: about 6 hours


No, sweet Coco... you can NOT sneak into the hospital!  But I sure wish you could!!



6 comments:

  1. Dearest Lyneeee -

    "All of You is more than enough for all of me
    For every thirst and every need
    You satisfy me with Your love
    And all I have in You is more than enough . . ." (song by Chris Tomlin)

    You are safely resting in Jesus arms and there is no better place that you could be. May His peace take away all fear and anxiousness and may you find His riches and treasures in the dark places. (This is what He has been doing for me lately and I am so very grateful.

    I love you and will be with you tomorrow in spirit.

    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet words to hear as I get ready for bed. Love you dear Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, you amaze me with your creativity and upbeat spirit regarding your cancer and surgery. It is a testimony of your faith and trust in the Lord, that you are walking hand in hand with Him, resting in His presence. May you constantly remember that Jesus is with you every step of the way, even in the moments when doubt or fear may be overwhelming. May you keep your eyes focused on Jesus, your Protector and Great Healer. May He grab hold of your every thought so that your mind is filled with His words of truth. You are surrounded by angels, you are bathed in prayer, you are not alone. God knows what the future holds, there are NO surprises for Him. He has a hold of you and God is good - He is good all the time. Rest in His arms. With love, prayers and thoughts - Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful words for me to go into surgery this afternoon. Love you Robin!

      Delete
  4. Lynne, walking with you in this time has touched me in a profoundly spiritual way. I have watched you cling to God's promises despite the worldly roadblocks you've encountered. How wonderful to know our loving God and to choose to listen to Him. This is my prayer for you today and in the next weeks that all else will fade away and the voice in your head and song in your heart is- He loves me.
    Love in Him,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Bonnie! I'm learning how to cling much better these days, but it's all because of His Grace! Love you! Looking forward to our visit post - surgery!

    ReplyDelete