Friday, August 10, 2012


Time Flies!.... Even When You’re NOT Having (*much*) Fun! (told by Lynne)
Believe it or not, it’s been five weeks since my surgery and homecoming!  I’m happy to report I’m well on my way to healing!  My energy is up; Coco and I have been able to start walking again; I’ve weaned myself off my pain meds (for the most part!); and I’m feeling stronger each day!  Praise God; it’s good to “be back!”
Here are a few things I would continue to covet your prayers in...
  1. I have a couple of issues under my arms that I’m REALLY hoping will “work themselves out” in occupational therapy & the skin stretching process.
    1. Puckering of extra skin
    2. Hardness under one armpit (which we’re hoping is fluid and not scar tissue)
    3. I'm at risk for Lymphodema, and need to be diligent about doing my exercises.
  2. I still have about 4-6 more weeks of being “filled”... HOLY MOLY!!!!  This has proven NOT to always feel real comfortable, but thankfully, my doctor started to use a topical anesthetic which helped with the pain of the needle tremendously. 
    1. Ache-i-ness and tightness are just part of the my new normal, but at least I don’t have to stress out over the needle anymore!
  3. Once the “filling” process is done, I will need to wait about 3 months before the final surgery and any “clean up” procedures for scar and skin issues.  Perhaps by 2013, I’ll be as good as new!
Five Weeks Out (told by Coco)
Yippee!  I’ve been home with my mom consistently for 3 weeks!  It “almost” feels like we’re back to our normal routine.  The best part is we’re finally back to taking our evening walks again!  There’s nothing better than fresh air; meeting friends along the way; the breeze in my hair; and sun on my back... I love it!  Woof!
We still have lots of fun company coming for visits which is my favorite part of mom being “sick”!  Opps, sorry Mom!  
My only issue... when can I lose the crate?!!



No comments:

Post a Comment