Thursday, August 11, 2016

MANNA("What is it?") 
Being called to live in the mystery of God's daily Grace 
Why is it so hard to live a life of mystery; of trust; of utter dependence? I enjoy making plans. Knowing what's next gives me a sense of control. Routine feels familiar and safe. Doesn't ticking off a long list of tasks equate being productive and reaching goals mean I'm successful? 
Consequently, having no plan; approaching the dreaded "unknown"; dealing with last-minute changes; having potential opportunities without any confirmations; being flexible, spontaneous and adaptable... these things have their place, but certainly not on a MOMENT-BY-MOMENT basis, RIGHT?!
I'm learning (sluggishly, I might add) that living day-by-day with Your mysterious manna is how you call me to live. Your DAILY grace is sufficient. Your loving-kindness is NEW every morning. Great is Your FAITHFULNESS! (Lamentations 3: 22-23) 
Lord, please give me an attitude of excitement and anticipation to see how Your daily graces unfold. Each morning, I want to luxuriate on the multitude of blessings in my life, seek out the graces You will bestow upon me every day, and praise You for every mystery-grace-miracle. Your Manna; Your Provision; Your Grace...IS enough.
Lord, You are GOOD.
Lord, You claim me as Your beloved
Lord, I put my extreme trust in You.

Savoring your manna today,
Lynne

1 comment: