Monday, August 15, 2016

Manna - "What is this?"
Being called to live in the mystery of God's daily Graces

Lord, I feel like it's feast or famine. I'm either searching for a "crumb" of manna like a bad game of hide-n-seek, or in a blink of an eye, things change and there are way too many crumbs to pick up. 
In some ways, it's almost harder for me to have multiple possibilities (crumbs) present themselves because I start thinking how will they all "compliment eachother" (taste)... But then you remind me, that's not my job; that's Yours! You are the Master Chef and You are providing the gourmet meal (and that's a relief since I don't cook!)

I only need to sit down, push my chair to the table, place my napkin in my lap, and enjoy one crumb at a time. I mean really, who enjoys scarfing down all their food at once anyway? You are teaching me to savor each morsel. 

I have to constantly remind myself that You will reveal information to me as I need to know. I just need to look at my plate like a posh seven-course meal rather than a family-style dinner where everything eventually touches or gets mixed together. I don't need to see everything that's on my plat du jour or eat all my courses at once. Part of living in mystery is enjoying each course for it's uniqueness, it's presentation and of course... the taste. Lord, help me to slow down and anticipate each course with bated breath, not knowing what delectable delights await. 

Today is one of those days. Lord, help me to savor each crumb as You present it, and allow me to salivate for the one following, knowing that You know exactly how to create a feast for the senses.

Ready with my fork,
Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment